Monday, March 3, 2014

Distortion and Setup Issues

I'm beginning the writing process, but before that I want to ensure myself that I'm having the right distortion for the album. Currently I'm using Amplitube 3 for the rhythm guitars as seen below:

Rhythm Guitar 1

Rhythm Guitar 2
But I have a problem. It doesn't deliver the distortion I want (even when I tried every possible configuration, using different amps models, stomp distortions, FX, etc.).

I want a clear direct distortion with a "medium size" bottom, I'm looking for definition in this record, not too much distortion of fuzz, maybe some crunch, but not too much and Amplitube 3 doesn't satisfy me. I like the bottom and some of the response of those two amps I'm showing right now, but they don't have enough definition for my taste.


Look at that shit. As useless as it gets.

Now the question is: Can't you spend money on good high-end amps, you cheap bastard? The answer is: I'm already spending a lot of money to pay for my education and it always has been my policy (in Overlord at least) that all has to be "home sound". Maybe when I'm finishing my career I'll buy a fucking Mesa triple rectifier.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of using my brother's Vox multieffect. Maybe that's the answer. But I have used it for the last 3 records and I want to change a little production wise.

Or... maybe microphone the Frontman 212R I have at home? I fucking have the sound in my head, I just have to find the nearest shit to it.

Maybe it's time to go more classy.
That's it. Flatuleitor out.

No comments:

Post a Comment