Friday, August 30, 2019

Santiago is history

Since I'm living in Tierra del Fuego now, I'd like to take a moment to think back what has happened to me and how I ended up living here.

In Santiago, after I realized Noviembre X was history, I struggled very hard to find a decent job as an English teacher.

For months.

I did classes in some government offices, in factories, institutes... But nothing permanent as I wanted.

Little to no money, I had to sell my instruments. SHIT. I get sad again just thinking about it.

Gone.

All but gone except for the guitar.
So, as I was saying, I did classes in many places and I spent the whole day running around, getting on buses, the metro, walked by foot long distances.

At least I have nice pictures to show for.

The Commerce Building, I used to do classes there 
Parque Forestal
Parque Forestal from another angle

Archivo Nacional building

Santiago has taste, miraculously

I used to walk here as well, just listening to music

Some highway. I used to do classes nearby

Parque Forestal with some basic filtering

Santa Lucia hill, downtown Santiago. I used to do classes just in front of it.

There are some cool artists in Santiago, predictably

Museum of Fine Arts of Santiago

Some hills outside of Santiago. Clear days, as I recall

In front of a factory I used to do classes at

I also had a lot of problems on my last months in fucking Santiago. I got engaged in a fight on the street with a drunken asshole who hit me with a glass bottle on my forehead. It was only centimeters next to my temple. I could've been seriously injured.

So I hit the motherfucker with MY fists on HIS head while he was on the floor. I overheard Paulina on the distance saying something about "stopping".

I had to take a sick permit at work, so I stopped making money for a week.

And so on. The problems didn't stop.

We decided to study something else, I went with International Commerce and she with Accounting.

But, the first day we noticed that there was something wrong. We weren't making enough money by March as we wanted and tried. To live in Santiago by our own wasn't a viable option.

So we decided living in Punta Arenas, Magellan Region, with Paulina's family for a time while we got in our feet.

A couple of days after, she gave me contact information about a job in Tierra del Fuego, in the same region where we wanted to go and live at. So, I sent my CV. And I called.

A week after that I got a call from the school offering me the position with very good income. So I said to them "hell yeah! I am traveling to Tierra del Fuego this weekend to live there and everything".

I bought the tickets and sold everything I had in Santiago.


I sold everything except for the guitars that I used to record the Overlord albums and the Noviembre X EP.


Including my Yamaha cassette deck

And my tapes
These tapes as well

I didn't sell her
See you Santiago!  NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment